Tuesday, 7 April 2015

My Look Up Story

Write a story around a moment that filled you with optimism and hope for the future. 


Sometimes, life gets so busy and monotonous that we get fed up and negative about everything. One such day, I too was upset and kept cribbing about life.

Sometimes, you don't know who to go and talk to, because you don't want to look too helpless. But that is the time when nature starts teaching you lessons. And no book teaches you these things, certain instances happen that it comes upon as self-realisation. Here is my story.

I was nervous as it was my submission time in a week and my project work was left and a tragedy took place. I lost the pen drive with all my data.

I searched for it, everywhere. Yes, literally everywhere.

I turned my house upside down, but I didn't find it. I had taken it to college, maybe I lost it. I am doomed, I gave up. In that moment, my dad came up to me and said, "Beta, be calm and try to recollect where you last used it. You will find it, please do not panic."

I tried to stay calm. And then I had a dream as if the pen drive is safely in my bag, right in the secret pouch I always keep it in.

In that moment I thanked everyone wholeheartedly, the universe, my parents and just everyone. Gratitude - a very big stepping stone. It is a very uplifting emotion and a greatest virtue.

Never leave a chance to thank people around you. Positive energy will come back to you, remember, what goes around, comes around!

Miraculously, I got my pen drive in my Professor's cabin the next day. I thanked him for keeping it safe. The turmoil and the somersaults of my mind calmed down. It was then I realised the importance of gratitude. That moment filled me with optimism and hope for the future. When you stop expecting, great things happen. Just have the faith and move ahead.

See opportunity in every difficulty. Trust your abilities, never give up and share fat thank you's with everyone around! Optimism is healthy, trust me. Be selfless, let go the 'ego' and you'll find happiness around!

This is my story of optimism, since that incident I lookup to life with gratitude and kindness.

Life starts throwing surprises at you, when you stop cribbing and complaining. Miracles happen.

As elusive as it may seem, optimism can be found all around - in the laughter of children, in the excitement on your pet's face when you get back after a long day, and in the smile of your loved ones when you go back home after months of being away. You just have to embrace it!

Stay happy and never ever forget to show gratitude!

P.S: This post is for Housing. For details: here!

No comments:

Post a Comment